NOTICE: This is the page where you can find answers to the most common questions regarding iShipNet in general. More answers to specific questions about the platforms feautures are available to registered users and require you to login to view them.
International Shipping Network (iShipNet) is a GLOBAL UNIFIED MARITIME ECOSYSTEM where Professionals from ALL OVER the WORLD can "Post" their business inquiries (Chartering, S&P, Spare Parts, Chandling etc) to a continuously growing number of companies related to Shipping and get replies, in a very short time, from companies that will view the inquiry and are able to meet the demand, reducing the long lasting and costly daily searching for services or products in the global market.
The aim of this network is to offer the simplification of processes required in maritime related professions, through a wide range of built in tools, that were created according to maritime professional categories.
Furthermore iShipNet offers the environment, that allows Shipping related companies to know about the existence and create business connections with potential clients and providers that was not easy to be accomplished otherwise. Of course all Shipping related companies have their own clientele and their network of providers. The Shipping Industry was not created yesterday! The platform though, remains a very useful tool. No matter what the clientele's size is or what contracts may exist with providers, the question remains...
"Can it be done better, faster and cheaper?”
Simplifying the process of approaching new markets, communicating directly with the potential customers or suppliers and integration of the global shipping market is no longer a scenario of science fiction.
It is iShipNet.
iShipNet platform was developed to be as user friendly as possible. Actually there is no need for any special skills. Just the basic knowledge of using your computer.
- Difficult and costly approximation between parties.
- Absence of Specialized modern tools that allow better and cost-effective communication.
- A large number of intermediates, that lead to high level commissions.
With iShipNet you may...
- Have faster and direct contact with Companies & professionals in shipping.
- Have Instant information from other members, regarding the market, practices and other issues.
- Have the chance to receive the best services from companies you didn't even know existed.
- Create Business groups for fast access with your collaborators / colleagues / coworkers.
- Introduce yourself and your business.
- Start conversations, send/receive PM and IM.
- Calculate your voyages and your amortizations.
- Get draft documents ready for editing for your deals.
- Have your daily needed documents uploaded in your account.
If we are not able to certify your company activities, you will be asked to provide your company profile or background.
So... you can be sure that
- The registered with iShipnet platform companies exist!
- The registered with iShipnet platform companies, are those who they claim to be!
All registered companies that want to make use of iShipNet functions, pay a small semi yearly or annual subscription. Nothing else!
The subscription cost is as low as a dinner in a cheap restaurant per month.
Click on "Login" at the upper right corner of ishipnet.com
You will be transfered to the login page of iShipnet
Click on Register
You will be transered to complete the registration form. There you have to fill the required fields
When done... click on Register button and you are done. Your account details will be evaluated and you will be notified by mail when your company is active on iShipNet platform.
On iShipNet your privacy is very serious issue.
An easy approach would be to set our system send an e-mail to you on everything that happens on the platform. But this would be very annoying for you!
So we have set that you only get notified by mail if...
- You have a new message from another company in the platform
- You have a new "Connection" request by another company.
- New Business posts, related to your business activities, has been posted on the timeline
All other MAIL notifications have been disabled and you are being notified by our inline notification system.
Use the top menu. Locate Edit Your Account menu item under Your Account and click on it.
You will be transfered to a new page with title "Edit Your Details". On this page you can see the following TABS:
- Contact Info
- Company Logo
Contact Info: You can modify the field content as you wish.
Company Logo: You can modify your company logo here.
Requests: Here you can request an account deletion. ( Explained in details in FAQs section under "How can i delete my Company's Account?" question)
When you are done with your changes, click on Update to save everything and you are done.
Each registered Company has the ability to delete their account anytime they want.
Just click on Edit Your Details menu and select Requests TAB. There you just click on Please Delete Everything.
You will be transfered to a new page where you are required to confirm your account deletion request and optionaly provide a reason for your request.
Click on Delete Account and you are done.
Before we move on to tech details about data safety when using iShipNet.com we inform that the platform uses RSA 2048 bits (SHA256withRSA) TLS/SSL certificate. All data transfered through iShipNet, are encoded before they leave the server and decrypted on the browser of the user that sees the data. You can feel safe!
Now that we have informed users with no special knowledge on TLS/SSL safety encryption, we can see the tech details.
Data transfer safety:
Key: RSA 2048 bits (e 65537)
Weak key: (Debian) No
Issuer: cPanel, Inc. Certification Authority
Signature algorithm: SHA256withRSA
Extended Validation: No
Certificate Transparency: Yes (certificate)
OCSP Must Staple: No
Revocation information: CRL, OCSP
Revocation status: Good (not revoked)
DNS CAA: No
Certificates provided: 3 (4518 bytes)
Chain issues: None
Subject: cPanel, Inc. Certification Authority
Key: RSA 2048 bits (e 65537)
Issuer: COMODO RSA Certification Authority
Signature algorithm: SHA384withRSA
Subject COMODO RSA Certification Authority
Key RSA 4096 bits (e 65537)
Issuer AddTrust External CA Root
Signature algorithm SHA384withRSA
During the registration procedure the details you provide are those that do not need to be governed by any privacy settings as they are your public info. These info are usually the same that you have on your company brochures. Each field has the corresponding signs that informs you if this field is visible or not on your profile.
Means that this field is required
Means that this field is not visible on your Account
Means that this field is visible on your Account
Means that there are information regarding this field and you cam view these info by moving your cursor over the sign
The only field that is not public is your company e-mail. The e-mail field is by default NOT VISIBLE on your profile for other users or guests and this can not be changed.
The fields to be filled during registration are:
- Company Name
- Type of Company
- Verify Password
- Company address
- Website address
- Short Company Description
- Terms and Conditions (Have to be accepted to register)
All the above are information about your company that can be found easily by anyone so the do not have to be governed by any privacy settings. There are functions though that privacy is required, like when posting an enquiry on the timeline and it has to be visible to a certain business group, but this is explained in details on the corresponding FAQs answers.
We could say that iShipNet is the answer to issues caused by GDPR or any other regulations that may exist.
iShipNet is a business platform that allows inline business to business communication. Each company that registers with iShipNet is doing it for business purposes and assents to be contacted by other companies and receive system notifications by mail.
There is no reason for companies to be part of the iShipNet project if they do not want to communicate with other firms!
Through iShipNet platform you can do whatever you were doing by phone, by mail, by TELEX etc but... all in one place, with much less effort, faster and most of all... having the opportunity to approach or be approached by companies that you never worked with before and you could not know them!
- You can find companies that you can cooperate with just by posting an enquiry. Till now you had to make several phone calls and send many e-mails to do your job, and in most cases you could not know if the job was done in best terms because you simply could not know if there are better terms in the global market.
- You can directly contact with companies to offer or request services, being sure that your offer or enquiry will reach the right persons directly.
- You can create as many closed user groups as you want and invite only your collaborators, colleagues, or even use it as intranet, so that all group members inform and get informed right away with a single post.
- You can create business posts aimed to specific business activity companies More info provided in FAQs topic with tithe "How can i post an enquiry or offer?".
- You can message other companies through iShipNet's inline messaging system, without worrying if your message will finally reach them as it happens with e-mails that usually messages end up in spam folders, blocked because of server settings etc.
- You can create as many as you want of your own circular lists, based on your company's needs and activities. (Eplained in details in FAQs as a seperate question).
- You can promote your business, show your offers, create announcents and articles etc, that are widely blasted through global search engines to an endless number of internet users, even in countries that some networks are not allowed.
- You can have all your daily business files and documents, even when you are on the go, by having them stored in your account. From there you can have them available anytime you want.
- You can downdload from a wide list of most important draft documents, ready to edit and use it for vessel's daily operation needs.
- You can be updated about market trends through iShipNet' market reports section.
Enquiries and offers are submitted on iShipNet timeline. Depending on your company's type, you are allowed to make certain posts.
Companies that are registered as Shipbrokers make posts and define Type of Job (Position, Chartering, S&P etc) and Type of Ship (SD, BC, G-Cargo etc).
Companies that are registered as Agents can define as Type of Job only "Agent's Enquiry" or "Agent's offer".
Companies that are registered as Shipowners can make posts for any Type of Job and any Type of Ship if required.
This way you give the ability to filter Timeline posts according to Type of Job and Type of Ship.
let's see how to post an enquiry that will show on iShipNet. We have logged in and we are viewing the timeline (can be accesed by Timeline menu after we have logged in).
Unless there is a restriction for our company, we are able to see the following form.
According to the type of company that your account has been created, you see different options in "Select the type of job" and "Select the type of ship" dropdown selectors. Here, as an example, we are using a Shipbroker's account.
First of all we have to select the type of job. Brokers have the options that show on the screenshot to the right.
Let us suppose (for our example) that the job type that we want to post is a Dry Vessel's Position. We click on the type of job and we are done with Type of job selection.
After we select the Dry Vessel's Position type of job, we can select the Type of Ship.
According to the type of job that we select, the type of ship options defer. Other type of ships show for dry jobs and other for wet.
For our example selection Dry Vessel's Position the available type of ship options are as they show on the screenshot to the left.
We select Bulk Carrier and we are ready to write the details for our job.
Our text goes right bellow the drop down selections.
Then we have to set who will be able to view our business post. The default privacy setting for posts is Private (Only Me) that means that this post will be visible only to the user that created the post. This helps us avoid making a post visible to eyes that must not see it, by mistake.
The options that we have here are:
- Private (Only Me) Means that the post will be visible to no one else.
- Connections The post will be visible to my company's connections and they are divided to 3 categories: 1) My Colleagues - 2) My Collaborators - 3) Intranet. (Connections are explained in details in a seperate FAQs topic).
- Business Categories The post will be visible to all the companies that belong to the category or categories that we will select. So if we select Demo Yards / Traders GROUP then our post will be visible only to companies that have registered as Demo Yards / Traders. If we select Demo Yards / Traders GROUP and Ship Spare Parts / Machinery Companies GROUP then the post will be visible only to these 2 categories.
After we have finished with the privacy selections of our post, we can click on the Post button and we have finished posting.
In case we need to have more privacy for some jobs, we van use the Messaging system of iShipNet and contact directly with specific company or companies. (iShipNet Messaging system is explained in details on a seperate FAQs topic)
iShipNet Messenger is another very usefull tool that allows you to have direct communication with other companies, iShipnet messenger can be accessed from several places on the platform.
1. Contacting a company when viewing company's account
2. Replying to a company's job post
Both links lead you to iShipnet's Messaging System page to compose and send your message. (iShipnet's Messaging System and it's functions is explained in details on a seperate FAQs topic)
Each post has it's own reply option embedded in.
By clicking on Reply, a new window opens. What you have to do is to type your message.
The new window that opens, already contains...
- The post's information
- The receiver (Company that created the post)
This way the receiver knows on what post you are referring to.
Contacts / Lists
When entering the Contacts / Lists you see the following interface:
At first you see that there are no lists created so it is empty. Here you see 3 columns.
- Name (The name that you give to the list when creating it)
- Description (The description that you write when creating the list, so that you can easily remember what type of contacts are contained)
- Entries (the number of companies contained in this list)
Let us now create our first list by clicking on Create new contact list. We will be transfered to a new page with the following interface:
As you can see, here we have Name and Description fields (explained before and 2 other fields one next to the other.
The left field is the list of companies that are contained in the list we are creating. The right list is the list of companies registered with iShipNet. To include a company from the right list in our contact list we have to select it and click onthe << button that exists between the two fields. We can move many companies from the right side list to the left, by ciicking on the companies of the right list while we have our keyboard CTRL pressed while we select companies and transfer them to the lrft field with a single click of the << button.
After we are done with the companies that we want to include to our list, we can click on "Save" button and our list is saved.
Ssnding messages to contact lists
First we have to go to the Compose page of Messaging System where we see the following. From the Contacts / Lists selector that contains all the lists we have created, we select a list. By clicking on the list we see that it is entered in the TO: field. We can select another list if we want by repeating the list selection or add companies from the Companies list adn add them too.
The we write our message, attach files (up to 3) if we want and click on the Send button
Anouncements is a great function that allows you to present, whenever you wish to, everything about your company. More or less it is like your company's News Page.
The greatest advantage of "Announcements" is that what you post here is indexed by search engines as your announcements are public and this is a great asset for your company's recognition. So if you have published 10 announcements in your account, then search engines will index your account 10 times, one time for each announcement.
Creating an Announcement
Announcements can be created when viewing your account. You can go there by clicking on View Your Account Menu item, under "Your Account".
You will be transfered to your account's page where you click on Make Announcement TAB and you see the following interface:
The first time you visit your announcements tab you see the above message. Click on Create New button. You will be transfered to a new page with the following interface:
Published: Select if the Announcement will be published or not. This is usefull when you have not yet finished your Announcement and you want to save it and edit later.
Title: Write a title for your Announcement.
Post: The main body of your Announcement.
This is how your announcement going to look like on your account for visitors.
The full text of the Announcement shows when The title is clicked.
Supposing that you are logged-in to iShipNet, you click on View Your Account, under Your Account menu.
You will be transferred to your account page.
IMPORTANT: As the account owner you have different options from other users that view your account. Other users view what you allow them to view!
- Published Select if this folder will be published or not
- Name Insert a name for this folder
- Description Insert a description that will help you understand what this folder contains
- Privacy Set who will be able to view this folder. Default setting is Private
Delete You can delete your folder
How to upload and store your files in your folders
4. The privacy settings for this file
When we finish we click on Save to store our file information and Done to save and return to our folder.
We can upload as many files as we want in each folder and we always have the option to delete, unpublish and Edit our file settings.
That is all about uploading and storing files in your account's directory.
Groups can be created from any type of company and for any type of job.
Groups can be created when viewing your account. You can go there by clicking on View Your Account Menu item, under "Your Account". You will be transferred to your account's page where you click on Groups TAB and you see the following interface:
- Open means that this Group is an open and any company of the platform can join. Open groups are visible to all registered companies of the platform.
- Approval means that companies, that are interested to join this Group, have to be approved by the Group Admins (creators) in order to grand access. "Approval" Groups are visible to all companies in the platform. The approval or rejection, determines if the requesting to join the group company can access to the groups posts.
- Invite means that a company can join this group only after an invitation by the Group Admins or other group companies, if this option is enabled. "Invite" Groups are secret (hidden from companies in the platform, unless they receive an invitation to join.
Description: In this field you can enter a short description about the group. For example, the purpose of creation, activities that the Group covers or any other information should be entered, for other companies to know before joining.
- Enable means that all participating companies can make posts within the group without any restriction
- Enable with Approval means that all participants of the group can make posts, but the creators should approve them before they become visible. With this option, creators control information shared within the group.
- Disable means that no one has the right to post within the group, exceptGroup Admins. With this option only the owner of the group can make posts within the group.
- Enable means that each participant is able to upload files and share them with the other Group participants.
- Enable with approval means that each participant can upload and share files inside the group, but approval from the Group Admins is required before those files become visible or available.
- Disable means that only the Group Admins have the ability to upload files to the group.
- Enable means that each participant is able to upload photos and share them with the other Group participants.
- Enable with approval means that each participant can upload and share photos inside the group, but approval from the Group Admins is required before those files become visible or available.
- Disable means that only the group creators have the ability to upload photos to the group.
- Enable means that each member of the group is able to upload videos and share them with the other members.
- Enable with approval means that each member can upload videos and share them with other members inside the group, but approval from the Group Admins is required before those videos become visible or available.
- Disable means that only Group Admins have the ability to upload videos to the group.
iShipNet platform has two online calculators embedded. Voyage estimation and Amortization calculator. All members can use them both, in order to calculate the voyage of the ship or the amortization of a vessel loan.
From the main menu on the top of the page, select Voyage Estimation – Dry Cargo under "Tools" and you will be redirected to the calculator form.
Fill all fields with the values of your trip and with ship's specifications. The outcome will automatically appear on the relative boxes. Voyage estimation form looks like the followin screenshot:
From the main menu on the top of the page, select Amortization Calculator under "Tools" and you will be redirected to the calculator form.
Fill all fields with the values of your trip and with ship's specifications. The outcome will appear as a list bellow the form after you click on Calculate button. The Amortization Calculator form looks like the followin screenshot:
iShipNet Messaging System in an inline mailbox, just like your e-mail. The difference is that all sent and received messages never come to your own computer. You manage them through iShipNet. Both when you send or receive. This means that you are 100% protected of being infected from any type of virus that may destroy your computer.
When you are online on iShipNet you always know what happens in your mailbox. The Mailbox widget (screenshot on the right) allows you to have quick access to all Messaging System's functions.
- Inbox (Where you can see the mails you received)
- Outbox (Where you can see the mails you have sent and get informed if the receiver opened them or not)
- Trashcan (Is the place where the messages that you have trashed are kept, till they are deleted from the system)
- Contacts / Lists The place where you can create your contact lists, circular lists, or anything else might be usefull for your business communication)
- Compose (This is the form to create and send a message)
Here are iShipNet Messaging System's functions one by one.
The Inbox holds all your incoming messages, every email you receive is located there.
- The message has been read (you can toggle the status).
- The message is still unread (you can toggle the status).
- The message contains a file attachment.
- Delete a message (move message to trashcan).
The Outbox keeps a copy of every message you send, you can come back to it and see what you've sent.
- The message has been read.
- The message is still unread. Unread messages can be recalled.
- The message contains a file attachment.
- Delete a message (move message to trashcan).
- Recall a message. Sent messages can be recalled when they have not been read by the recipient yet.
The Trashcan holds all deletes messages. Messages are not deleted immediately and kept for a certain period of time. As long as the message is stored in the trashcan, you are able to restore it.
- The message has been read.
- The message is still unread.
- Recycle a message (move message from trashcan back to inbox or outbox).
Contacts / Lists
Contacts allows to maintain contact lists (also known as circular lists). These lists allow to send PMs to multiple recipients. Instead of adding multiple recipients, you can simply enter #listname and the message will be delivered to all companies included in the list. (Bellow we will see how to create circular lists in details)
Settings comprises all configurable user options..
- E-mail notification
Configuration of the email notification when a new message arrives.
- User blocking
You can block users. These users can not send private messages to you.
- More settings
Here you find some more configuration settings
Compose allows to create a new private message.