NOTICE: This is the page where you can find answers to the most common questions regarding iShipNet in general. More answers to specific questions about the platforms feautures are available to registered users and require you to login to view them.
- Written by International Shipping Network
- Category: Doing Business through iShipNet Platform
- Created: 06 December 2019
Enquiries and offers are submitted on iShipNet timeline. Depending on your company's type, you are allowed to make certain posts.
Companies that are registered as Shipbrokers make posts and define Type of Job (Position, Chartering, S&P etc) and Type of Ship (SD, BC, G-Cargo etc).
Companies that are registered as Agents can define as Type of Job only "Agent's Enquiry" or "Agent's offer".
Companies that are registered as Shipowners can make posts for any Type of Job and any Type of Ship if required.
This way you give the ability to filter Timeline posts according to Type of Job and Type of Ship.
let's see how to post an enquiry that will show on iShipNet. We have logged in and we are viewing the timeline (can be accesed by Timeline menu after we have logged in).
Unless there is a restriction for our company, we are able to see the following form.
According to the type of company that your account has been created, you see different options in "Select the type of job" and "Select the type of ship" dropdown selectors. Here, as an example, we are using a Shipbroker's account.
First of all we have to select the type of job. Brokers have the options that show on the screenshot to the right.
Let us suppose (for our example) that the job type that we want to post is a Dry Vessel's Position. We click on the type of job and we are done with Type of job selection.
After we select the Dry Vessel's Position type of job, we can select the Type of Ship.
According to the type of job that we select, the type of ship options defer. Other type of ships show for dry jobs and other for wet.
For our example selection Dry Vessel's Position the available type of ship options are as they show on the screenshot to the left.
We select Bulk Carrier and we are ready to write the details for our job.
Our text goes right bellow the drop down selections.
Then we have to set who will be able to view our business post. The default privacy setting for posts is Private (Only Me) that means that this post will be visible only to the user that created the post. This helps us avoid making a post visible to eyes that must not see it, by mistake.
The options that we have here are:
- Private (Only Me) Means that the post will be visible to no one else.
- Connections The post will be visible to my company's connections and they are divided to 3 categories: 1) My Colleagues - 2) My Collaborators - 3) Intranet. (Connections are explained in details in a seperate FAQs topic).
- Business Categories The post will be visible to all the companies that belong to the category or categories that we will select. So if we select Demo Yards / Traders GROUP then our post will be visible only to companies that have registered as Demo Yards / Traders. If we select Demo Yards / Traders GROUP and Ship Spare Parts / Machinery Companies GROUP then the post will be visible only to these 2 categories.
After we have finished with the privacy selections of our post, we can click on the Post button and we have finished posting.
In case we need to have more privacy for some jobs, we van use the Messaging system of iShipNet and contact directly with specific company or companies. (iShipNet Messaging system is explained in details on a seperate FAQs topic)